The library serves Carlton and Irving Townships, including the Village of Freeport. As a Freeport District Library patron, you have access to:
- Books, AudioBooks, Movies and Magazines
- Lakeland Library Cooperative – You may borrow books from 41 libraries in West Michigan.
- MELCAT – You may borrow books from libraries all over the state of Michigan, and use their databases at mel.org.
- Downloadable Audio and eBooks – You may download free audio and eBooks using the LIBBY app which is Free to download. Stop by or call the library if you need help!
- Free WI FI at the library!
- Fax (.25/page) and Copy(.15/page)
- Public Computers are available for your use at the library. We are happy to assist anyone who needs help with computers.
- Fall and Spring Preschool Storytime
- Adult Book Discussion Group
- Adult, Children and Teens Summer Reading Program
- Adult Winter Reading Program
Free Notary Service
Call to make sure the notary is available.
How to Get a Library Card
You may stop by the library to register for your library card or get the free Lakeland Library Cooperative app and apply online.
If you are new to the area, and haven’t gotten your driver’s license or id updated to your new address, you need:
- Picture id
- Piece of mail with your name and your current address
If your address is current on your driver’s license, that is all you need to get a card.
Children & Teens Under 18 Years Old
You will need your parent or guardian to sign a registration form for you to get a library card.
It is up to your parent or guardian to decide at what age you may get a card.
Once you have your library card, you may use it at any Lakeland Library Cooperative library. If we do not have a book you want on our library shelves, we can order it and have it delivered to the library!